During 3 years, I used to cycle on a racing bike on my terrasse! With clipped shoes, aerodynamical look, the only thing I conceded was not wearing a helmet, since risks of falling were zero! (But it’s still a step further than the wii, isnt’ it?)
Unlike the hamster, I had the chance of having a gorgeous view on the lake and an i-pod (often listening again to some lift’s speaches (yes, it’s true!)), 2 things that kept my brain from total tilting.
It was also practical, having my younger daughter playing around, while I was racing!
But, after having felt the wind on my face, the smell of the trees, of the ground, during holidays in Majorque, I just couldn’t fancy me on a terrasse anymore.
And that’s how, one day, courageously, I took my bike, put on my helmet and rushed into the countryside.
From then on, every time I go out for a ride, a multitude of thoughts and feelings cross over me, some little tiny, others deeper.
Here are some thoughts “out of the wheel”. One thing is sure: I smile more on the road!
* sunglasses help flyes from hurting your eyes, gloss make them stick on your lips. A chance I never attracted a bee!
* music in my ears, wind on my arms, smile on my face and a midge on my teeth! Don’t smile, don’t wear gloss, and midges pass their way. Or smile, stick.
* Starting thinking in 140 characters. Am I really learning a new language? Is it the sign of mind’s concentration, going to the essence of things, or rather the sign of superficiality? It made me think of a new word.
* being one with the bike with the road with the land make me love more and more this – new – country (Vaud), as if I could touch their inhabitants from their roots, their grass up to their global appearance.
* Did I really put that good old song of The Cure on my ipod?
* Oh! These cute little bad grass with heart shaped leaves! They grow everywhere. Like love. A thought for Sandi.
* The magic of a smile’s exchange with an unknown lady. No midge.
* Those newly born little lambs jumping awkwardly one on the other! So funny. A burst of laughter! No midge.
* And, almost arrived, seing those old people loaded with stuff they bought during their trip (the german pullman is there to witness..) make me smile again. No midge.
So, lipstick or not lipstick, midge or no midge, smile!
And you: what are your “thoughts out of the wheel”? The link with music? With yourself? Do you have the feeling to “go on” or to go round” or other?
Thank you for making me smile this morning, very cool blogpost, congrats,
Thank you, glad you smiled. (no midge?)